Work alongside the Kitchen Team to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
This role is eligible for the following:
- Bonus upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Gratuity Share.
- Full industry recognised training.
- 45 hour working week.
- Employee Discount.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Assists the management of food and product ordering and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction to aid budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with senior chefs to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists senior chefs with menu creation
Skills and Qualifications:
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Restaurant Experience, Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge, Strong Organisational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the button below.