Purpose of Role
You'll greet the guests when they arrive ensuring excellent customer service that meets the company's standards to exceed customer expectations.
- Meet and greet guests and direct them to their table.
- To schedule, manage and control the restaurant reservations via the reservations system.
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area and ensure that cleanliness and hygiene standards are met in the front of house area.
- Learn the food and beverage menu.
- Manage bookings, either in person, over the phone or online.
- Provide waiting times to customers who are not pre-booked.
- Deliver professional, courteous, and efficient service to our Guests.
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers and management.
- Any other duties as required to fulfil the company needs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous host/reservations experience in a similar role - preferred but not essential.
- A passion and energy for people skills and flair for delivering excellent customer service.
- Professional, well presented and excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Knowledge of spirits, wine, champagne, and mixed cocktails preferred (full training given).
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
Functioning to the best of your ability within the team, treating other members of staff with dignity and respect.
Line Management Responsibilities
This role does not contain any line management responsibilities however the business does operate a robust progression pathway for all employees to succeed within the business.
- Shows Initiative
- Good Communicator
- Team Player
- Respect for people
- Flexible and Positive attitude to work.
- Handle a fast-paced work environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From £10.00 per hour